Monday, June 27, 2011

Defunct Rail Cars and a Bit of Sass

This weekend I did makeup for a photographer who wanted to shoot at a location that was unique and a little "out of the box". Elizabeth Councill asked if I would be interested in doing makeup at the Gold Coast Railroad Museum. I hadn't been to the museum since I was little (I don't even remember it) and I am always game to do makeup so I figured, why not? The rail cars were pretty amazing and dusty and eerie. Walking through some of them gave me chills. Who knows what stories were told on the cars, where people were traveling to or from and I couldn't stop myself from picturing what life was like on those trains (some of which were built in the early 1900's). The weather was cooperative for South Florida; it was hot, humid, and overcast at times. I did makeup on Nicole Fiori, a graphics art major who models for fun in her spare time. The theme was definitely vintage and I think we captured that. We all got along really well and had a great time shooting. Here are a couple of previews from the day. I did a very natural look on Nicole. It was my intention to make her beautiful brown eyes stand out and to not let her melt in the sweltering heat. Ch-ch-check it out.











XO,
Cindy

1 comment: