Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Bridal Makeup and a BBQ Weekend

I had the opportunity to do bridal makeup this Memorial Day weekend on a friend who was referred to me. Adri, who doesn't wear much makeup on a daily basis wanted a fresh look for her wedding. She wanted to make sure she didn't lose herself in her wedding day makeup. I had done a preview about a month ago for her bridal shower and she loved the look. The requests she had for her big day were, "Less of a defined eyeliner and less bronze on the cheeks, more pink". Easy, peasy. I always tell my brides to get a magazine clipping (or two) of a makeup look that they adore. I'll go over the possibilities of recreating that look for their special day and simply, make it happen. Sometimes I'll get a bride who will say "What ever you think looks great"in regards to style of makeup and this makes me smile! It's always fun to completely surprise someone.

Adri loved her makeup. I also got the opportunity to do the maid of honor, bridesmaid, and mother of the groom. It was smooth sailing for the day. No bumps as far as time and everyone adored their looks. Adri and the ladies were off to the wedding in stunning style and ON TIME. It's always so awesome to be invited into someones special day. I know that bridal makeup is just the "cherry on top" when it comes to the overall bridal look. I am just thrilled that I get to be a part of such a monumental occasion! Here are a couple before and after photos I took. I will post the professional photos once I can get my hands on them. 

The rest of the weekend was filled with sunshine, BBQ, and good times with family and friends. I hope you enjoyed your weekend as much as I did mine. 


Mother of the Groom (After Photo):

Bridesmaid (Before):

After:

Maid of Honor (Before):

After:

Bride (Before):

After (No Flash):

After (Flash):

No comments:

Post a Comment